Thanksgiving Dinner **


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I decided to cut back on cooking this year. And though I bought lobster, salmon, crab, and many other things, I decided to just cook a turkey and a few sides. Total cook time was 8 hours for everything from prep to eat time. I have to say that though I kept things really simple this year, everything was still delicious.


Roasted Turkey - I kept this really simple with just a salt rub. I had a 22-pound bird. I stuffed it and roasted it breast side down in a 350 degree oven for 4 1/2 hours. I then removed the stuffing, flipped the bird, breast side up, and continued roasting in a 450 degree oven for 1 more hour. The result was a tender golden brown turkey with lots of flavor.



Pork Eggrolls - These eggrolls are stuffed with a pork, Vidalia onion, and glass noodle mix. They're a kid-pleaser.


Corn Muffins - These muffins are incredibly delicate with a hint of honey. My sister didn't grease the muffin tins enough and they broke apart a bit but still tasted great.


Mac and Cheese - I used a classic mac and cheese recipe with a combination of cheeses.


Stuffing - For the stuffing, I used a combination of white, wheat, and corn bread along with herbs. Stuffing the bird with the stuffing resulted in great flavor. I removed the stuffing and finished cooking it in it's own baking pan.


Mashed Potatoes - I used white potatoes this year. I added some butter and minimal cream. The result was an extremely creamy mashed potato.


Lemon Meringue Pie - I felt like something tart this year for dessert. The filling is a classic lemon curd recipe.


Pumpkin Pie - I used a canned pumpkin puree to whip up this pie. A dollop of cool whip and it was a family pleaser.


I also made chiffon cupcakes for the kids :)

Comments