Pear and Blue Cheese Pizza ***

From Me


I'm a big fan of this pizza. I decided to try making my own. It is incredibly easy to make and quite tasty. I also used low-fat cheese to lighten it up.

Ingredients:
Whole wheat pre-made pizza dough (I bought mine from Whole Foods. Feel free to use whatever pre-made pizza dough is available at your local grocery.)
1 medium Vidalia onion, caramelized
1/4 pound low-fat provolone cheese
1 pear (use any variety you like), peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1/4 pound low-fat blue cheese (Saputo is good, it's pre-crumbled. It's not available everywhere so use regular blue cheese if you can't find it.)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Place a pizza stone (I use a ceramic tile I picked up at my local hardware store) on the lowest rack in your oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Sprinkle cornmeal and flour over a pizza paddle (I used one of those flat cookie sheets.). Spread the pizza dough on the paddle. Spread the provolone cheese over the pizza. Spread the caramelized onion. Spread the slices of pear. Sprinkle the blue cheese. Sprinkle the walnuts.

3. Place the pizza on the pizza stone in the oven. Let cook 15-20 minutes. For a crispier crust, leave it 25-30 minutes.

4. Remove, slice, and enjoy!

Comments