Pad Thai **

From Me


I was in the mood for Pad Thai today so I whipped up a quick version with what I had in my fridge.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
6 ounces dried rice sticks (about 1/2 a package)
2 beaten eggs
3 tablespoons fish sauce
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon water

Directions:
1. Prepare the rice sticks according to the package directions. I bring water to a boil in a pot, remove from the heat, add the rice sticks, and let it sit 4-5 minutes. Once soft, drain in a colander.

2. Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and water in a bowl. This is the Pad Thai sauce. Set aside.

3. Heat up a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beaten eggs and scramble until very dry, 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook through, another 2-3 minutes. Add the noodles and stir to combine. Add the Pad Thai sauce and let cook until the sauce has mostly evaporated.

4. I usually add some green onions, bean sprouts, peanuts, dried chili, and fresh lime juice. I just didn't have any today.

Comments