Shrimp Fried Rice **

From my Mom


I like fried rice, if it doesn't come from a Chinese place :) This is my mom's recipe. It's very simple and easy but tasty! I raided the fridge, used some leftover rice, and this is what I came up with. Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 eggs
1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 tablespoon chili shrimp paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Directions
IN A LARGE WOK OR SKILLET, heat up the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is cooked, about another minute to minute and a half. Add the rice and fold to combine until it is warmed through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the frozen peas and carrots, the shrimp paste, and soy sauce. Continue to cook and fold until the shrimp paste and soy sauce is evenly distributed. Taste and season with additional soy, salt, and pepper as needed. Enjoy!

Comments