Chicken Congee with Preserved Duck Egg **

From Me


This is comfort food to me when I'm not feeling well. I also enjoy it on a cold day. I like to use a short grain rice and make it my electric rice cooker in the morning. When I get home from work at the end of a cold day it's nice and ready to be eaten :)

Ingredients (for a big pot):
1/4 cup of short grain rice
1 lb ground chicken (or ground turkey)
5 cups chicken stock (or water and instant chicken stock)
1 package preserved duck eggs (cooked and chopped)

For Garnish
chopped green onion
chopped cilantro
chili oil
ground chili paste
soy sauce

Directions:
1. In a medium sauce pan, cook the ground chicken until it is browned.

2. In 10 cup capacity electric cooker, add the rice, chicken stock, and cooked ground chicken. Cook on the porridge setting.

3. While the congee is cooking, boil the preserved duck eggs for 20 minutes. Let cool, peel, and dice. Set aside. Also was and chop the green onion and cilantro. Set aside.

4. Once the congee in cooked, add the diced duck eggs and stir. I like to let it sit a while so it is nice and thick. Ladle into bowls, garnish with the cilantro and green onions. Season with the chili oil, chili paste, and soy sauce to taste.

Enjoy!

Comments